Translate Tweet&get it !
New ! Tweet&Get it multi-language support. That means our WordPress plugin now includes one file (.po) used for easy translation of the plugin, without needing to edit the core files.
Tweet& Get it is already available in English, French and German.
You can translate the plugin by yourself and contribute to Tweet&Get it by sending us your translated files!
Here is a short Tutorial on how to Translate Tweet&Get it!
Translate using poEdit
To translate the Tweet&Get it ! WordPress plugin, you will need to use Poedit. You’ll be translating the included Portable Object Template file (.po file), which will then create a Machine Object file (.mo file) that we will upload to wp/content/plugins/tweetandgetit-plugin/lang for WordPress to read it.
Follow these steps to translate your .po files into another language and make 2 .mo files:
- You have to download the two following files:
- tweet-and-get-it.po file for the plugin Download
- tweet-and-get-it-process.po for the user process Download
This is the step by step process that is launched when the user clicks on your Tweet&Get it button.
- Download and install Poedit, the program you’ll be using to translate our .po files.
- Open your 2 .po files with Poedit.
- Now go through the files and translate the text, one line at a time, in the blank box at the bottom of the page.
- Save the file when you’re done. This will create both a .po and .mo file.
- Before you can upload your new .mo file, you need to make sure you named it correctly, as it has to match your chosen language code. See the complete list of language codes and country codes to find yours.
- We’ll use Portuguese as the example here. First, we looked for the language code (pt –) and the country code (PT). Then, we renamed our .mo file to tweet-and-get-it-pt_PT.mo
- Then upload the translated file to wp-content/plugins/tweetandgetit-plugin/lang/tweet-and-get-it-pt_PT.mo
- If you want to translate the user process you’ll have to send us your .mo file. i.e. tweet-and-get-it-process-pt_PT.mo. We will upload it on our server so that it becomes available in your language (we will do it within 24H).
- You can fully contribute to Tweet&Get it by sending us your translated plugin files too (.mo 1 .po files). We will add them to the next release of the plugin.